Meet all the artists contributing fabulous artwork to ArtMeGallery.com.au. Each artist have their own profile page where you will find more information about them and be able to browse all their artwork listed on this website.
AboutMeri was always an artistic soul, engaged in painting and craft-work from an early age. Born in Bosnia, Meri and her family survived the horror of a long and corrupt war, migrating to Australia in 1997 and settling in Sydney.
Over the years, Meri prolifically created an array of pieces, experimenting with techniques and styles. Her work is always fresh and deeply emotional. Dark shades and quick strokes dominate when her spirit is restless, only to be contrasted by bright hues of joie de vivre. Complimenting these emotions, when in a meditative state, the artist produces an otherworldly feeling of calm on the canvas, her creations imbued with idyllic depictions of tranquillity.
Meri communicates her freedom by rejecting the confines of pre-determined styles, each artwork infused with a different vibe and message. This variety is her strength, being unpredictable and bold, purposely surprising her audience with every new creation.
In 2014, Meri’s painting was auctioned at a fundraising event, attracting tremendous feedback and encouragement. Inspired to share her work with a wider audience, Meri’s first Australian group exhibition was in 2015, Art in the Hills. Since then, Meri was a finalist in the 'Blacktown City Art Prize' and in 'The Little Things' exhibition at Saint Cloche Gallery, a contemporary gallery and art space in Paddington. The artist is an active member of City of Parramatta Art Society CPAS, where she exhibits regularly since 2016.
• 2017 The City of Parramatta Art Society, Members Exhibition, Finishing Touches II
• 2017 The City of Parramatta Art Society, Members Exhibition, Autumn Symphony
• 2017 Acquisitive Art Prize, Art in the Hills, Change
• 2017 A4 Art Australia, National Exhibition, CAS Victoria
• 2016 City of Parramatta Art Society, Inspiration of Summer
• 2016 City of Fairfield Art Prize
• 2016 A4 Art Australia, National Exhibition, CAS Victoria
• 2016 Acquisitive Art Prize, Art in the Hills, Nature
• 2015 Blacktown City Art Prize, Selective Exhibition
• 2015 Little Things Art Competition, Saint Cloche Gallery
• 2015 Acquisitive Art Prize, Art in the Hills, Unity
• 2014 Defiant by a Dream, Private Art & Performance Fundraiser SYD.
• De Why
• Split, Croatia Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/meri.andric.1